Koh Samui is located in Surat Thani Province in the northeast section of the city. Koh Samui is the third largest island in Thailand. Koh Samui villas are popular because of the area’s abundant nature, white sand beaches, clear water, spectacular views, gorgeous temples and nearby wildlife. Besides the plentiful natural wonders, this island is also full of history and culture.
Browse Koh Samui Villas By Location.
Choose your Koh Samui Villa by Occasion
Koh Samui Must See
Experience a traditional Thai yacht sunset with a cruise to Ang Thong Park. Eco-Jungle tours take guests on a six hour Jeep safari through the Magic Buddha Garden, Namuang waterfall, rubber plantations, and includes a mountain view lunch. Chefs can join cooking classes with private professional chefs. You’ll learn how to pick fresh produce at the market and prepare three complete Thai dishes. Private Yacht charters can be booked round trip from your Koh Samui villa rental. Guests will enjoy the 5-star treatment enjoying deck, water, and culinary experiences.
Koh Samui Activities
Thailand offers may attractions and activities for guests to participate in and experience. Adventure seekers can take a thrilling paramotor flight (harnessed paraglide). While those that prefer a calmer voyage can opt for a hot air balloon ride. Ziplining, mountain climbing, bungee jumping and beachcombing are all popular activities.
Water activities like river and white water rafting, scuba diving and snorkeling are also found. Koh Samui is home to some of the world’s top-ranked underwater habitats. If you aren’t one for underwater, try sailing or fishing. Thailand also has many water parks around for chlorinated water fun.
Landlovers can soak in the sun on the perfect white beach while listening to local musicians. Animal encounters with Thailand’s elephants (riding, bathing, and watching them play). Zoos and aquariums are plentiful and offer a different experience than American zoos. Plant lovers may opt to visit a loca rice farm to participate in the local agriculture system.
Koh Samui Golf
Golf is within easy reach of your Koh Samui villa. Santiburi Samui Country Club is an 18 hole course that has earned the nickname “Beast.” The course is located on the slopes of the mountains and offers exquisite views. Golf carts are compulsory. Royal Samui Golf & Country Club is a 9-hole course. This course is best accessible via 4WD vehicles.
When to Go
December – April is the best time to visit for swimming and beach going. May – September is still ideal, but offers some brief afternoon/evening rain showers. The rainy season is October and November where good weather is few and far between. March – May is the best time to see huge whalesharks at Koh Tao. Kayaking is best December – September at Angthong Marine Park (park is closed November – December). High season is considered to be late December – January and July – August.
- Thailand is a modest culture, be mindful as you pack for your trip. While there aren’t laws, you are sure to experience better service and be more respectful dressing more modestly (think Utah on a hot day, PG-13).
- Keep in mind what is beach attire is not welcome at most temples. Additionally, Thailand is hot and humid, so pick fabrics carefully. Lightweight linen is a good plan.
- Humidity brings insects, consider a mosquito bracelet and anti-mosquito loofah soap.
- Don’t underestimate Thailand sun. Pack plenty of sunscreen and perhaps a Panama hat to protect yourself.
- There is a high accident rate (scooters, motorbikes, cars, etc) be prepared and come with quality travel insurance.
- Don’t miss the magical sunrise.
- Don’t underestimate the pull of the ocean. Most long-tail boats have motors to help you out.