Palm Shade and White Sand
Mix the history and ruins of the past West Indies with the current capital of the British Virgin Islands and find the perfect place for you to escape in your Tortola villa rental. Tortola villa guests can enjoy swimming in one of dozens of beaches covered in white sand and shaded by lush sub-tropical palms. Book a Jeep to explore the Caribbean beauty and trails of Sage Mountain National Park. Sailing and yachting are also popular pastimes. No matter what you desire, Tortola villas can provide the location and home base for you to escape into relaxation.
Browse Tortola Villas By Location
Choose your Tortola Villa by Occasion
Take some time away from your Tortola villa to enjoy the warm and hospitable island. Find history in the 1780 Lower Estate Sugar Works Museum, Fort Burt, Mount Healthy Windmill, O’Neal Botanic Gardens or Callwood Rum Distillery. Everything you might desire to bring back from local spices, jams, rum, hand-crafted jewelry and art can all be found on Main Street in Road Town. Tortola villa guests will delight their taste buds while enjoying the culinary aspects of the island featuring Johnny Cakes, West Indian roti, fresh lobster and conch.
Enjoy many favorite past times while vacationing in your Tortola villa rental. If you opt to dive or snorkel the area, you’ll find colorful and robust coral reefs, interesting caves and tunnels and extraordinary ship wrecks to explore. The pristine water and perfect year-round weather offer the best weather for you to enjoy diving, snorkeling or any other watersport on the island. Discover secrets of lost lagoons, barrier islands and all sorts of marine and aviary life via kayak. Virgin Gorda, North Sound is a popular destination for kite boarders and wind surfers to “hook in and hold on.” Catch a wave at one of the island surf schools or take your board to find a swell off Cane Garden Bay. Enjoy the most popular activity on the island and charter a sea adventure for yourself and guests. Whether you are an experienced sailor or a novice, consistent trade winds and sunshine create the perfect atmosphere to set sail.
Your Tortola vacation rental is just steps away from a variety of beaches for the ultimate sandy island escape for the beach lover in all of us. Guests will find bliss no matter where you put your towel down. Tortola’s magic will find you everywhere from the perfectly deserted sandy stretch to the bustling surf friendly shores. Some of the most popular beaches include:
- Cane Garden Bay – best known beach of BVI. The crescent moon shape keeps the water gentle and sheltered. This bay is perfect for windsurfing and swimming.
- Brewers Bay – located just north of Cane Garden Bay. You’ll find this area underdeveloped and peaceful. At this destination, you and your party may find yourselves to be the only guests enjoying some of the best snorkeling Tortola has to offer.
- Long Bay – whether you opt for Long Bay East or Long Bay West, you will find spectacular views perfect for romantic strolls.
- Smuggler’s Cove – a local favorite. This beach is only accessible by unpaved road, so be sure to rent an SUV. The journey to the cove will be worth it as you find palm-shaded sand and pristine water – this is a perfect place to lose yourself and get away from everything that ails you.
Tortola Travel Tips
- Tortola is easy to get to via port or plane. Regular ferries, private and crewed yachts and connecting flights from St. Thomas and San Juan are all available.
- The official language in Tortola is English.
- USD is the official currency and credit/debit cards are commonly established. Ask first as some establishments do not accept.
- The area code is 284.
- British driving rules apply, if you rent a car, be sure to drive on the left.
- Electricity is generally 110 volts (same as U.S.). Check the outlets of your Tortola villa rental with your villa specialist to confirm your specific needs.