Pulsing with Energy
This cosmopolitan island is the most populated of the U.S. Virgin Islands. Her distinctive atmosphere is ideal for couples or families staying at a St. Thomas villa. All 32 square miles of this island pack a picture-perfect experience for your getaway. Duty free shopping, sightseeing, diving and dining area all part of the package.
Browse St. Thomas Villas By Location
Choose your St. Thomas Villa by Occasion
St. Thomas Must-See
Experience the best of the capital, Charlotte Amalie, and begin by climbing the 99 Steps for an incomparable Caribbean view. Emancipation Park hosts a conch blower statue commemorating the emancipation of slaves in the Danish West Indies. You’ll find a bust of Denmark’s King Christian IX as well as shops and restaurants in the Grand Gallaria. Bluebeard’s Castle (now part of a resort) is available for tower tours; this castle was originally built by the Danes in the 1600s to help reinforce the Fort Christian complex. The tower is home to a variety of artifacts salvaged from the sea as well as antique photographs of St. Thomas. The tour ends at the top of the tower so that guests can enjoy a breathtaking view of Charlotte Amalie.
St. Thomas Activities
Staying at a St. Thomas villa rental offers more than just beach and palm trees. Watersports are common, as on many Caribbean island destinations. Scuba, snorkeling, sailing, windsurfing, and surfing area all easily arranged. St. Thomas also offers a variety of yacht charters able to give you a delightful water experience on your getaway. Landlovers will enjoy Phantasea Tropical Botanical Gardens and it’s lush botanics featuring over 1000 orchids among other flora and fauna. For families with children, the Virgin Islands Children’s Museum offers a unique experience blending learning with active development and education. More adventurous guests can experience the island’s first zipline adventure while birdwatchers can book a tour with the Audubon Club. Ask your villa specialist about scheduling a tee time at Mahogany Run, a challenging but beautiful course.
St. Thomas Beaches
Your St. Thomas villa rental is just steps away from world class beach destinations. Surfers will want to take in Hull Bay. This relatively unknown beach is cherished by locals. Magens Bay, on the island’s north side, is what you’ve heard about if you have heard of St. Thomas beaches. This picture-perfect beach is popular with the cruise ship crowd, so go early or late. Brewer’s Bay is just adjacent to the University of Virgin Islands and near the airport. This beach is where to grab a sea shell or grab a food truck concession. On the southeast side of the island, you’ll find Secret Harbor, the calm waters and soft sand offer the perfect spot to watch colorful fish and explore the coral reef. Smith Bay Beach features a faint pink sand with terrifically blue water. Explore all that St. Thomas has to offer in both your St. Thomas villa and her destination beaches.
St. Thomas Travel Tips
- Driving is done on the left side of the street. Cell phone use while driving is prohibited.
- Dress code is casual in most locations. Bathing suits are only appropriate at the beach and pool.
- Currency is USD and credit cards are widely accepted (sometimes with a processing fee).
- St. Thomas is the busiest of the U.S. Virgin Islands – fantastic for shopping, dining and nightlife.
- English is the official language.
- Weather in the summer months average temperatures in the mid 80°s, while the cooler months (Dec-Feb) average in the mid to high 70°s.
- Many U.S. carriers offer flights into St. Thomas. St. Thomas is also a hub for day trips to neighboring island. Ferries are easily accessible to both Tortola and St. John.
- We recommend a 4-wheel drive rental car while staying at your St. Thomas villa rental – this will allow for easier navigation through the island's hilly terrain.