Enjoy Windswept Antigua
Guests of Antigua’s villa rentals enjoy warm, steady winds and secluded beaches. Our complex coastline includes safe harbors and nearly unbroken wall of coral reef which are home to crystal-clear waters and powder soft sand. Antigua is located in the middle of the Leeward Islands in the middle of the Caribbean; neighboring islands include Nevis, St. Kitts, St. Barts, and St. Martin.
Antigua vacation rental guests flock to the sailing hub as the largest English speaking Leeward Island. The island is home to a winding coastline that traditionally kept outsiders away from the island. Now, the winding coast offers perfect beach days, sailing adventures and homes for sightseeing and shopping.
Browse Antigua Villas By Location
Choose your Antigua Villa by Occasion
Antigua villa guests can explore plenty of local history with visits to Betty’s Hope and Shirley Heights. Visit Betty’s Hope and find an open-air museum tending to the island’s first sugar plantations Visiting Shirley Heights is known for absolutely breathtaking views from gun emplacements and military encampments. Among Antigua's natural wonders is the Devil's Bridge, an ocean-carved arch on the island's east coast.
The island hosts shopping opportunities ranging from the normal souvenirs to cultural pottery to eclectic art. Today’s folk pottery is centered at Sea View Farm Village; pottery can be purchased in the village outlets as well as at a number of other locations around the island. Harmony Hall is the hub of the Antiguan art community and offers exhibits throughout the year. Antigua villa rental guests in the month of November are able to visit the Craft Fair at the sugar mill. This location offers fantastic views with fine art.
Antigua villa guests can enjoy everything from cricket to tennis and golf on land to water activities like boating, fishing, kayaking, speed boating, yachting, sailing and swimming with stingrays. Excursions can be booked as day cruises, tropical adventures, an Antiguan Safari, eco-fantasy, or even Caribbean Helicopter tour.
Other popular activities include deep sea fishing, zip line canopy tours, Jeep tours, windsurfing, snorkeling and scuba diving,
Antigua villas can be found on many of the island’s 365 beaches. Antigua is truly every beach lover’s dream come true. All the beaches are open to the public and offer protected waters. Each beach has its own flavor, so the challenge is to find the beach that best suits your personal needs.
Island favorites include Dickenson and Runaway Bays on the island’s northwest coast. These beaches are best for guests wanting the fully-loaded resort experience. Galley Bay attracts surfers during the winter months and the Hawksbill beaches are must experience for visitors with less inhibition (this beach is nude).
The South coast beaches are generally less developed than the north. Fryes Bay, Darkwood Beach, Johnsons Point, Rendezvous Bay and Doigs Beach are especially quiet and worth the difficult travel to reach them. The southeast coast offers Half Moon Bay, which is now a national park and fantastic option for a family outdoor adventure. Long Bay is another excellent family destination that offers beaches protected by reef.
Antigua Travel Tips
- Temperatures range from mid-70s to mid-80s. The trade winds nearly always blow, though September is traditionally lower. The trade winds generally keep the humidity low.
- Gratuities are similar in custom to the U.S. 10-15% is expected depending on the service. Check your bills as some hotels and restaurants automatically add gratuity.
- Antigua has a $28 airport departure tax, room tax of 8.5% and service charge of 10%on most items.
- The island hotels are prepared for both 110 volts and 220 volts. Check with your villa specialist to see if you will need adaptors at your Antigua villa rental.
- Camouflage clothing is prohibited on the island. Leave these items at home to avoid confiscation.
- Antigua villa guests will enjoy Atlantic Standard Time.
- U.S. currency and major credit cards are readily accepted most places though the national currency is the Eastern Caribbean dollar.
- Travel to your Antigua villa rental easily. American Airlines, British Airways, U.S. Airways, Delta, Virgin Atlantic, and Air Canada all offer services to the island’s airport.